Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Thanksgiving Liturgy by Derek

I face the east and thank you for the children in our midst.
I thank you for their curiosity, their receptiveness and their journey towards belonging
I thank you for new life.
I face the east and thank your for the rising sun
I thank you for the energy it gives our minds, our spirits, and our bodies.
I face the east and thank you for Your Spirit
I thank you for the mystics and prophets in our midst
Who inspire us to seek out and hear Your voice
I face the east and thank You for those in the east
Who have taught us about discipline.

I face the south and thank you for the teenagers in our midst.
I thank you for their new ways of thinking, their challenging of power, and their journey towards identity.
I face the south and thank you for the earth and soil
I thank you for it's ability to sustain us and meet our needs.
I face the south and thank you for your love
I thank you for the lovers in our midst
Who inspire us to show compassion the broken.
I face the south and thank you for those in the south
Who have taught us about the power of the people.

I face the west and thank you for the adults in our midst.
I thank you for their stability, their service, and their journey towards wisdom
I face the west and thank you for the waters
I thank you for energy that comes from the waters to give us light in times of darkness.
I face the west and thank you for your hand in our lives
I thank you for the workers in our midst
Who inspire us to serve others and to get our hands dirty
I face the west and thank you for those in the west
Who have taught us about growth and innovation.

I face the north and thank you for the elders in our midst.
I thank you for their wisdom, their discernment, and their journey towards a good end.
I face the north and thank you for the wind.
I thank you for the warning of the cold days ahead.
I face the north and thank you for your teachings
I thank you for the thinkers in our midst
Who inspire us to understand you and your ways, and us and our ways.
I face the north and thank you for those in the north
Who have taught us about sustainability and the care of your creation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i dont know what to say, just that i read it, and, very cool.

JamesG